Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

It Shouldn't be this Hard

So I never heard back from my primary care doc. I called her on Monday (day 5 of this muscle spasm) and asked if she might be able to spend in a script to help me because I wasn't able to drive. She didn't bother getting back to me so on Tuesday morning hubby had to go into work late so he could take me to urgent care.

I called the doctor in pain and with almost no range of motion in my head/neck area. She couldn't even bother calling me back. I wouldn't have minded at all if she wasn't comfortable sending in a prescription without seeing me. That is a perfectly acceptable response. But no response! No response is unacceptable!

I got what I needed from the urgent care doctor but she wanted me to follow up with my PCP if I don't feel better in a few days. Two days later and I'm not sure that my muscles are actually letting go. Between the muscle relaxers and Thermacare heat wraps I'm doing okay during the day but overnight the meds wear off and I'm in rough shape by morning. The very last thing I ever want to do is go back to that damn PCP.

The doc and her office staff have proved to be completely useless at every turn. But the way they have handled this situation makes me so angry. Today I received an email from Optum Rx informing me that my order is in the mail. I didn't call for a refill nor did I see or talk to my doctor so I have no idea what is on it's way. When I called Optum to find out I learned that my PCP went ahead and sent in a prescription for a muscle relaxer.

She didn't bother to call me. She didn't bother to use her brain. Common sense should have told her that it would take at least a week for me to receive the muscle relaxer from Optum Rx because they would need time to process and then send it in the mail. I obviously needed this right away so she should have sent it to the local pharmacy I have listed in my chart. AND I SHOULD HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF WHAT WAS HAPPENING!!

I'm so sick of being treated like I am not a part of this. I'm sick of all the mistakes! I'm sick of constantly trying to fix their fuck ups! I'm sick of not being able to talk directly with my doctor unless I come in and pay! I'm sick of not being treated with common decency and respect! I'm so sick of this broken system!

I wish I didn't need all these idiots who stands between me and access to the medications I need. Why are so many of them idiots?!?!?!? Why is it so hard to find a competent doctor with competent staff? It shouldn't be this hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment