Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Good in a Very Difficult Season

This fall has been rough. Extremely rough. I thought seriously about not writing about it at all because I've not been able to do much of anything outside of doctor appointments and sitting on the couch watching tv in pain. Hubby encouraged me to still do it so I thought I'd give it a try. I did find some good in this very difficult season.

Fall Favorites

I'm a big fan of Instagram. I love seeing pictures my friends post, but I've also been following a whole bunch of chihuahuas I've never met before. Oddly enough, I've become attached to these sweet little dogs. I see their pictures and videos every day along with fun captions filled with clues about their personality. Over time, I've begun to feel like I know these dogs. One of them has stood out, Little boogie shoes. This little chi has a movement disorder along with all kinds of charisma and charm. I have loved getting to know this chi. If you are on Instagram I would encourage you to check him out.

Fall Successes

My big accomplishment this fall is continuing to endure. I've been fighting through some very dark moments as I've been unable to do the meager handful of things my chronic pain had previously allowed me to do. By no means have I conquered the fear, anxiety, and deep sadness I've been wrestling with, but I still have had moments of pleasure. I've laughed with hubby and enjoyed some good shows. I'm even enjoying our Christmas decorations now, which I wasn't for more than a week.

I'm enduring and I'm hopeful that, with time, I'll find a way to deal with all of this much better. For now, that is a big accomplishment.


Fall Failures

The cortisone injections were a giant failure. Not only did it not help, it actually made my feet worse. At least I won't have to do that again.

We also had a small snake in our garage in September. We had accidentally left the garage open, only to discover the snake when we stepped out to walk the dog later.


Fall Highlights

Well, we couldn't let fall pass us by without enjoying some firepits.


The other highlight of this fall was the time I spent with our chihuahua, Gypsy. As always, she has been a loyal little friend and companion through this difficult time. She does dozens of cute things every single day. It is such a pleasure to have her in our life.





Fall Lowlights

This one is easy. The pain in my hands and my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment