Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

The Carelessness Epidemic

Sometimes I feel like carelessness has become an epidemic. Every time I leave the house I encounter careless drivers focused on their cell phones, careless clerks so engaged in conversations with coworkers they can't be bothered to even acknowledge me, careless grocers who just don't do regular cleaning, careless medical assistants who are unconcerned with accuracy, careless craftsmen who cut corners or do sloppy work...

Are they self absorbed? Are they distracted? Are they just so miserable that they have given up on caring? 

I can't pretend to understand what all is causing this epidemic but I'm getting pretty sick of it. 

I keep trying to come up with a solution to help insulate myself from the effects of this carelessness but I'm beginning to think this is not possible. I can be vigilant on the road but I can't entirely prevent someone else from causing an accident. I can't make someone care about their job or adapt a positive attitude. Perhaps the only thing I can do is try to not let it bother me so much. 

I have not idea how to accomplish that but I believe if I can figure out how, I can cut back on the stress I feel when encountering carelessness. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment