Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Significant Increase In Stress Has Me Eating More Junk

Once again my efforts to eliminate wheat from my diet have been put on hold. I've simply not had the time and energy required to find replacements that will provide with me with enough calories to at least maintain my weight while trying to deal with the more urgent issue of getting my endometreosis pain under control.
For a while I tried to carry on with the transition but quickly figured out that now was not the right time. Since then, my food habits have been all crazy. I bought a bag of cool ranch Doritos and a package of string cheese at the store last week - two things I haven't had in about 20 years. I'm craving stuff I don't normally eat and actually indulging in them. It's like I've throwing in the towel and am just eating whatever. So not me. 

This is how I know my stress level has increased significantly over the worsening of my endometreosis. I have so many unanswered questions about what's going on with my body. I don't yet know how my body is going to respond to the treatment plan or how much this will continue to impact my daily life. Meanwhile, I still have to deal with my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia symptoms every day.  This is a mental and emotional battle as well as a physical one. 

I guess it makes sense that I would want more junk and not care much about fighting those urdges.

Has this kind of thing ever happened to you?

5 comments:

  1. This has happened to me. Whenever my stress and pain levels go up, I start craving junk food... Often specific junk food that I haven't had in years. It's rough. Thinking about you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jamie! It's good to hear that I'm not alone in this madness :)

      Delete
  2. girl, i deal with this all the time. i know crappy food will make me feel crappy, but in the moment, i think it will make me feel better, emotionally. it so rarely does, but sometimes my self-care options are so limited I don't care, or my migraine brain has taken over completely and I forget about all my well-reasoned eating priorities and go for the chocolate. ALL the chocolate lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well put Steph. Oh, yes, the chocolate :) Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. oh yes!!! It certainly has!!! At this point it has also cost me to gain 11 pounds. I had lost 53 but I put back on 11. All because I started eating donuts again. They cause more pain and are not good for me but they are sugar and well, I started craving them for some unknown reason so I started giving in. Stress and anxiety!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete