Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

The Lift of a Smile

Smile.

Was it easy? Did it take effort? Did it feel natural? Was it forced?

Did it make you feel better? Did you eyes smile with your mouth? Did you spirit join in too?

Was it your first of the day? Did it exhaust you?

Smile again.

There are times when I have to dig deep to pull off a smile - times when I fake it. Thankfully, after a while, even a fake smile can lead to a real one. With time even the eyes and spirit join it.

I love how a smile can be lifting, even if only for a few moments. Sometimes that's just what I need.

I don't know about you, but I find that when someone else smiles at me, I get a much bigger lift than from my own smile. However, between distractions and foul moods it can be hard to find people who will look at you and smile. I guess that makes it all the more wonderful when it happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment