Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Dr. Goldman Talks About Doctors Making Mistakes

I came across this wonderful Ted Talk by Dr. Brian Goldman and just had to share it with all of you. If you are a consumer of medical services I would highly encourage you to listen to what this physician has to say about the god culture in medicine.





I believe that if doctors would stop pretending that they are gods, who know everything and never make mistakes, then patients would stop expecting it.

Can you imagine a world where doctors and patients could just totally honest with each other? I, for one, don't need my doctors to be perfect but I sure need the truth if I'm going to make the best decisions for my care.

The stakes are high. Doctors know it. Patients know it. Why can't we just be adult about this? Why can't we just come together and work towards health and healing as a team? How did every aspect of health-care get so messed up?

Can it be changed?


No comments:

Post a Comment