Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

I Find The Complexity of Nature Hopeful #MHAMBC

I've missed the past few days of the blog challenge because hubby and I were painting over the weekend. I wanted to back up and respond to the prompt from the 13th - What in nature gives you hope?

For me it's the complexity of nature that I find so hopeful. Nature is an endless series of incredibly complex and intermingled systems.

Let's just put aside the how our sun fuels almost all life on our planet and how all creatures exist within a food chain, etc., etc., etc. Instead think about how incredibly complex our bodies are. The heart pumping blood, the lungs oxygenating it, the series of valves that control the flow, the intestines processing our food, sweat cooling us down, eyes seeing, nerve endings gathering information and sending it all the way up to the brain. The brain, my word, the wonderful brain that allows us to think and move with intention all while taking care of a whole list of critical yet involuntary things behind the scenes.

There are millions of opportunities for things to go horribly wrong with our bodies each and every day; many being catastrophic to our very existence. Things do go wrong. Obviously, there are several things that have gone wrong with my body seeing as how I live with chronic migraines and fibromyalgia. At times I sit and ponder all the other things that could go wrong. So where the hope is in all of this?

Well, the thing is, every moment I am alive it's because the number of things going right far out numbers the number of things going wrong AND, to date, all the critical things are going right. I find all kinds of hope in the overwhelming success of my body.

Most of the time it's hard to see past the things that have gone terribly wrong. I guess that's why I'm so thankful for the moments when I can see all that is going right.


The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment