Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Feeling Like Me Makes Me Hopeful #MHAMBC

The migraine awareness blog challenge prompt for today is: What large thing gives you hope for living with migraines?

Anything that stirs my soul makes me feel hopeful. Things like incredible music, a beautiful painting, deep conversation, sharing a hearty laugh, a great play, movie or poem that somehow speaks to me, just to name a few.

Often I feel like the core of who I am is hidden beneath the substantial weight of my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia. My symptoms sort of take over and dictate much of my life. Over time it starts to feel like the chronic pain is defining me.

Then I hear a song (or whatever) that stirs me. The real me. The me I am outisde of being a wife, a sister, a daughter, a migraineur, or any external label. Suddenly, I feel like my authentic self and remember that I'm more.

Talk about hope.

The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association. - See more at: http://www.ahmablog.com/#sthash.2ddNZ42m.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment