Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Pet Emergency Has Triggered A Fibro Flare and Migraine

Hello friends. I wanted to give you a quick heads up about what is going on, why I haven't been posting and why it may be another week before I'm able to start doing regular posts again. It's all about our little chihuahua, Gypsy. 

She needed a fairly involved surgery to have 15 stones removed from her bladder on Monday. The surgery went well but she is in lots of pain and can't let her bladder stretch until her incisions have healed. Translation she needs to be taken outside every 2 hours. 

Shortly after returning home. She was
out of it most of the evening.
For the first 24 hours she was crying unless she was sleeping but she slept very little. So between trying to comfort her, take her out, change her bedding, and do almost constant laundry to ensure she always has clean towels and blankets, hubby and I have gotten very little sleep. 

We are camping out in the living room so we
can keep a close watch on her.

After about 12 hours on this schedule a major fibro flare was triggered in my hands, arms and lower legs. A migraine was not far behind. My brain is mush. All I want to do is crawl into bed and just be still and sleep. But that won't be possible for another week. 

Things here are ugly right now so I decided to just excuse myself from my usual blogging schedule until I can start getting some rest. In fact, I've decided I need to excuse myself from everything besides taking care of Gypsy. That's all I can handle under the circumstances. 

Frankly, I'm surprised I'm still functioning at all right now. 



 

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope Gypsy heals fast and gets well! I hope your flare goes away fast too! Poor Gypsy!!!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete