Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Overdoing It and Hitting a Wall

Wishing I was asleep and feeling this comfortable.
I've been overdoing it for a couple weeks now. Largely this is attributable to unexpected things popping up that need immediate attention i.e. Gypsy having a reaction to her flea/tick preventative and needing a spur of the moment bath to get it off, then two days later breaking out in hives due to contact with something else and needing medication. But, honestly, some of my activity was simply me pushing myself to do things I wanted to do but really didn't feel up to doing. 

At this point, I've pushed myself too far. I feel as though I've hit a huge brick wall that just won't allow me to continue - the brick wall being my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia. I'm overly medicated and my head is hurting worse. I ache all over and am deeply, deeply exhausted. My mind has turned to mush. All I want is to NOT go anywhere or do anything outside my normal household chores and blogging. I need my simple, quiet daily routine. Without it, the tiny bit of functioning I'm capable of disintegrates into a messy blob of pain.

I guess sometimes I just want to forget that I have limitations. Clearly pretending I'm normal only makes matters worse but I still find myself doing so from time to time. Fortunately, it seems like I do this less and less as the years tick by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment