Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Dream of a Million #MHAM #MHAMBC


Day 2 and I'm already dipping into the alternate prompts: Life with migraines is tough - if you were the recipient of a million dollars, what would you do with it?

One million dollars - A windfall of that size would sure be a dream come true. In fact it would be my second biggest dream come true, behind only the magical healing of both my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia. The dream is to feel free of all the stress and worry that accompanies the complete derailment of my career and the subsequent plummeting of my earning potential after chronic pain hijacked my life. I've written about how financially vulnerable I feel because I'm not able to work before.

So what would we do with the money? Three very simple, very big things:
1. Pay off the house.
2. Install solar panels on the house.
3. Invest in our retirement.

We would do those three things and just continue on living our lives as we do now. We are not extravagant people and a million dollars is not exactly enough to make us set for life. To others, this plan may not sound as exciting as taking elaborate vacations or buying big expensive toys but feeling this kind financial cushion beneath us would be priceless. Money may not be the most important thing in life but none of us can deny it plays a vital role and can impact ALL other areas of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment