Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Food Dilemma

The past week and a half have been particularly tough health wise. On top of the usual chronic migraine crap and fibro crap I've had two nasty colds, which have made doing much of anything pretty difficult. Getting sick back to back like this isn't like me. After all I don't spend much time out in public and am a faithful hand washer. I've chalked it up to hubby's experiment with riding the train into work instead of driving. He may have to stop if I keep getting sick like this - but this is all beside the point.

After 10 days of feeling even worse than usual - and you all know that is saying a lot for people like us  - my body is starting to really suffer. I'm stiff, more tense than usual and have begun to feel trapped in a body that won't let me do anything. Between not being able to do my exercises, spending too much time on the couch and not being able to do much besides watch TV and feel bad, you can see why.

The worst part about times like this when I can't manage to do much of anything is that I am the only cook in the family.W hen I can't pull together something good to eat we end up eating cereal for dinner. That's fine for a day or two but when it goes on longer than that meal time becomes a real problem. We still get hungry but there is no place near us where we can get some take out vegetarian meals, which is probably for best because we really can't afford to be eating out as often as I don't feel up to cooking. So the problem persists - what to do about food. Perhaps I need to spend some time in the frozen food isle of Whole Foods or Trader Joe's to see if we can find a couple good dishes to have on hand for times like these.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I make a lot of crock pot meals and always freeze a portion or two for later. I currently use Ziploc containers and vacuum bags for this, but I am thinking about buying a vacuum sealer to make this even easier. We also have a stash of store-bought frozen meals too, but the home-made ones just taste better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to freeze your own homemade meals.

      Delete