Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Unpacking Pain and Fatigue

It took 6 weeks but I've finally finished unpacking. To be fair, it wouldn't have taken quite this long if our kitchen had been done when we moved in. We've been waiting patiently for drawers that were never ordered to come in and be installed in the lower cabinets. On Friday, after learning that nobody ever ordered the drawers, I decided I wasn't willing to wait another 6 weeks to finish unpacking. Sure, I'll have to empty the cabinets and rearrange when the drawers finally arrive but at least this way I don't have to look at any more boxes or wait to use the packed items.

Waiting on those cabinets was only part of the reason it took so long. The biggest delay, of course, was my uncooperative body. The physical work of unpacking coupled with the mental work of finding a home for everything (not to mention the stress of the move) ushered in a new level of craziness. During those 6 weeks I had 27 migraines, 3 periods, and dealt with an extra bad dose of fatigue, brain fog and fibro pain in my arms and legs. It really is no surprise that my body has responded like this but that doesn't make it easier to deal with.

Over the past few weeks I've been slowly trying to re-establish a routine. I've been able to get back to blogging, doing my gentle exercises, cooking my usual meals and even making some sweet potato pies. It may be several more weeks before all the work of settling in is complete enough that it doesn't impact my daily life but the worst of it is definitely over AND the fun of decorating will begin as soon as I recover from the unpacking pain and fatigue.


No comments:

Post a Comment