Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One Less Trigger

Reasonable. That's the best descriptor I can think of for this summer. Considering the St Louis area is normally really hot and humid all summer long, this year's lengthy stretches of temps in the 70s and 80s with low humidity have been wonderful. We've still had plenty of ugly traditional summer days but we've also had plenty of really nice days. It's almost like a Minnesota summer.

These reasonable summer temps translate into one less thing that triggers my migraines. Instead of the daily suffocation by the thickness of the air, I've had entire weeks of dog walking and errand running free from this particular trigger. Woo-hoo!

I know this is an anomaly and will likely not happen again for a very long time so I'm being careful to truly appreciate every reasonable day that comes along. With a little luck, this winter will also be reasonable. I don't mean to push my luck but to say I'm not hoping would be a lie. 


1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I'm originally from the upper Midwest - while it still gets hot and humid in the summer, the stretches are shorter and most everyone has homes and cars with A/C. But I moved to NYC for the summer, and the heatwave in July (with scarce A/C) nearly killed me. So, I've definitely been appreciating the cooler temps recently.

    Hang in there! I hope this trigger-free weather continues to cooperate for you!

    ReplyDelete