Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Importance of Sleep.


The past week has really underscored the importance of sleep to my ability to cope and function with my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia. Gypsy's recovery has necessitated several nights on the couch and even more nights of interrupted sleep. It has left me excessively tired, incredibly crabby, aches and pains throughout my entire body and plenty of migraines.

Sounds about normal for me when I look at it on the screen and I guess, technically, it is. Heck, even on nights when I sleep all night I still don't feel rested the way I used to. The real trouble is that now all my usual symptoms are being amplified; everything is just harder. Well, that, and I find myself frequently fantasizing about stretching out in bed, surrounded by pillows, sleeping soundly in the dark.

Even under the best of circumstances sleep is a real struggle. Any little curve ball that life decides to throw my way is enough to push me over the edge. But that's just life, you never know what is going to happen next and sometimes sticking to a routine is just not possible - even when it comes to something as important as sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment