Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorable Memorial Weekend

Gypsy made it through the surgery with flying colors. What a relief to have her home, safe and sound. Two days out it has become clear that the recovery is going to be a difficult one. She has lots of great pain pills so I think she is doing okay in that department but between being shaved and having stitches she is
very itchy. It is this discomfort that has no solution but time. Time that can't come soon enough for all of us.

She needs constant supervision to keep her from scooting on the floor and messing up her incision. She cries for hours at a time, we think because she can't escape the discomfort. We love her deeply and just hate seeing her like this. I'm just glad this is a long holiday weekend so hubby is home to help me attend to her needs. The lack of sleep, the smells and the constant attention are wreaking havoc on my head and my temper.

I'm sure she'll continue to make small improvements each day and within a few weeks everything will be back to normal. In the meantime I'm just trying to take it moment by moment. This will certainly be a memorable Memorial Weekend.

What are your plans for the long holiday weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Gypsy made it out of surgery just fine. I hope she's feeling 100% real soon. Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope you have a great memorial day too.

    ReplyDelete