Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Online Exchange

The wait is over. The American Headache and Migraine Association (AHMA) is now up and running. Teri Robert does a wonderful job of introducing the AHMA here in this blog post. To me this sounds like a wonderful way to centralize resources for those of us living with chronic headache disorders.

As much as I want to be a part of this group I have not yet done so for one simple reason, membership fees. The fee is not exactly high, we're talking $15 per year. The real issue here is paying for something online. I NEVER use my credit card online because it makes me more vulnerable to theft. I know, I know, exchanging money online is excessively common. You know what else is excessively common? Identity theft.

I can't say for sure what kind of payment options are available through the AHMA because the website doesn't even address it until after you've gone through the application process. When it comes to money and safety precautions I need to KNOW in advance what precautions are being taken to ensure the safety of the transaction. I need to have choices other than credit cards for payment. I need to know that all parties take my privacy as seriously as I do. The stakes are just way too high for assumptions and chance.


1 comment:

  1. so true! you have to know what safety precautions they use. I totally agree because as you said, identity theft is very common.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete