Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

3 Small Goals

Picking up my prescription refills at the pharmacy today I was reminded that this is indeed a new year as my very large deductible reset. As I continued on with my grocery shopping I started thinking about how I want to approach my migraines in 2013.

Nothing I've tried so far has had any impact on my migraines and, after about 7 years, I don't have much faith that anything will. What I'm really focused on at this time is figuring out how to better cope with them and live the best I can. 

The first thing I want to do is get a new primary care physician. I got lucky on Christmas day having a conversation with my cousin-in-law about her doctor. Turns out she and her husband see docs who practice both eastern and western medicine, they know about nutrition and have tools other pills and they are under the umbrella of one of the major hospitals in the area. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. She has graciously passed along the contact info and I'll be calling for an appointment on Monday. I really need a local partner in health.

The second thing I want to do this year is decrease my exposure to chemicals and the smells that come with them. I'm doing this for several reason and my migraines are just part of that. But, with all the heightened sensitivities these migraines have ushered in, it stands to reason that eliminating most of the chemicals I regularly encounter couldn't hurt - and hopefully help.

The third thing I want to do is focus more on my muscle relaxation. My muscles continue to be a daily struggle. I just have not been able to get them to calm down. I really need to dedicate myself to that more in 2013 because I know it is part of the larger pain problem. 

In an effort to keep things simple I'm going to stick to these three things for now. 

Are you planning on changing your approach to your migraines in 2013?

1 comment:

  1. I am going to see a chiropracter. I am not sure if he can do anything for me as I have 2 rods in my back, but it does treat things with nutrition so that is the main reason I am trying this.

    I hope the new doctor helps you with the headaches. I hope that sometime this year, I will not have a headache. Nothing as seem to work so far.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete