Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Magic Understanding Tea #NMAM #NMAMBC



If I were to invite someone to join me for a magical blend of tea that made them capable of understanding what it's like to live with chronic migraines...well, who would it be? At first I was trying to decide which family member I most wish could understand, but then I got to thinking bigger. I wondered who had the most power to impact the lives of all of us living with chronic debilitating migraines. 

Who indeed. 

Honestly, I don't know who that would be. As I sat tossing around various ideas in my head I began to feel overwhelmed. Time to stop over thinking this and just pick someone in my life. 

I decided to invite my mother-in-law to tea. Like many family member she doesn't really know much about migraines but really wants to be helpful. She is always trying to solve the problem for me. She wants me to try all kinds of things that I've already tried. I know it all comes from a place of love but she wants me to try all these things again with the people other people tell her about. She always says, "it doesn't hurt to try." 

The nature of her position as my mother-in-law makes it difficult to do anything but agree with her once the conversation reaches that point. I guess I want her to understand chronic migraines more than anyone else in my life because her misunderstanding produces the most stress for me. She is a big part of our life and I would love it if she could be on the same page regarding my migraines. 


"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely on the same page as you! My in-laws just don't understand, and it's extremely stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several relatives who I wish understood more about my headaches and fibro and arthritis pain. Fortunately, my friends totally understand and are always reminding me to live within my limits and not over due anything!

    heather

    ReplyDelete