Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Right Now

Life is busy. For someone like me who is working with dimished energy, lots of pain and brain fog busy doesn't look the same as it would to the average person. It doesn't even look the same as it did for me 6 years ago. But I feel busy.

Part of that may just be that my muscles are engaged even when I'm "relaxing" and I never really feel rested. But mostly because I almost never can get as much done as I want to. Even if I did get everything done I would pay the price for overdoing it. This leaves me with the constant feeling that I'm behind as there is so much to do.

This ongoing struggle to balance my mind and my body has left little room for things I would like to do. One of those things not getting done is being an advocate for migraines. Sure I sign petitions, fill our surveys and that kind of thing whenever I see someone in the online migraine community posting about it. I'll talk with anyone who wants to about migraines and how they effect my life.

I would like to do a lot more. I would like to spend more time reading materials online and in journals. I would like to build my website. I would like to find a way to be more active as a voice for positive change both legislatively and medically. I would like to fully realize my concept for the Migrainista as a whole person despite chronic migraines and fibromyalgia.

Right now that just isn't happening. Right now I'm just struggling with the daily tasks of life, getting moved again and spending time with my family. Right now I am just a woman with a blog, trying to figure out how to manage the craziness of chronic migraines along with all the other wonderful women doing the same thing online.

1 comment:

  1. I understand. I'm still lacking in keeping up with chores. My days usually consist of making things and sleeping.

    ReplyDelete