Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Evil Advil

Recently I noticed Advil is advertising their OTC migraine medication. Now I'm not sure how long this product has been available but I certainly didn't know about it until a couple weeks ago when I started seeing the ads. Out of curiosity I went online to check out what was in it. My outrage developed when I read that the only active ingredient was Ibuprofen, which is the exact same thing as regular Advil. They claim this is a good product for those suffering from migraines because it is a liquid gel capsule so it will hit your system faster than a dry pill. But regular Advil has been available as a liquid gel for many years as has generic Ibuprofen. All they have really done is slap the word Migraine on their existing product to sell more of it to people who suffer from migraines.

My outrage has continued to grow as I continue to see the ad. I feel like this is a marketing ploy designed to make people think their migraines will be better treated with this product than the significantly cheaper generic Ibuprofen. As a migrainista I am offended at their attempt to exploit migraines and those suffer from them.

1 comment:

  1. That's a dirty trick. Shame on them!

    It's like Tylenol for Arthritis....the only difference is a minor amount more of acetaminophen which you could get just by taking an additional regular Tylenol.

    Do they really think they are fooling anyone? Or maybe they are?!

    ReplyDelete