Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spring, Is That You?

My brain knows that today is only February 2nd and that Spring is still a couple months away. The trouble is my brain isn't doing a very good job of convincing my body of this fact, probably because it's been in the 60s here all week.

I've been going out with just a light jacket or sweatshirt when I take our dog for her afternoon walk and as we walk I see all kinds of open windows. The grass seems to be getting greener and it just feels so very Spring.

Obviously, wintry days are still ahead so I'm trying hard not to get ahead of myself here but it isn't easy. I'm fighting the urge to start planning fun things to do outside because as soon as I do, it will get cold and we will have to wait. I also want to start an indoor herb garden this year to grow some stuff for me and some stuff for our rabbit to eat. The stores haven't even set up their garden centers yet, so that's really what keeps me from getting started right now.

Maybe it's wishful thinking more than anything else. I love Spring and can hardly wait until it arrives for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment