Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spasm

Today I awoke to intense pain on left side of my neck, shoulders and upper back. The muscles in full spasm mode and me unable to even push the covers off my body and sit up. Impatiently I waited for signs that my husband was waking up so I could ask for his assistance. Once up, he was able to pull the covers off me and lift me into a seated position.

The day has been painful since. All my movements have been slow, requiring lots of deep breathing and such. Fortunately, my right side is working okay so I am still able to feed myself and perform some basic ADLs but nothing else is getting done. Anything that requires the use of my midsection or movement of my left arm quickly escalates the pain and ends the activity.

Now I take a daily muscle relaxer but today decided to increase my dose to take the edge off the pain and allow me to function a bit more. So far it doesn't seem to have done anything besides making me even more drowsy than I normally am. This sort of thing happens from time to time and with time it always gets better  - but I think the next day or two are going to be tough.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope this passes fast for you! Sending you very very very gentle hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are going through this. It sure does bring back unpleasant memories. No amount of medication will help...been there done that. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete