Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Back Home

We're finally back home from Minnesota and things are returning to normal. So far I've been able to keep things calm enough, go slow enough and not allow myself to get overwhelmed. I made a command decision to allow myself as much enjoyment as possible and in that spirit I allowed myself 4 sips of a sweet Riesling during Thanksgiving dinner. I love wine and miss having it from time to time. The alcohol doesn't seem to be what triggers my migraines but rather getting that buzzed feeling in my head is what does it. I figured a few sips of wine would not cause that and so would be okay. Fortunately I was right.

Even though I took it easy I'm pretty tired from the long holiday weekend. No matter what we did drove 8 hours one way and all the stresses caused by simply being away from home and routine. There is no way to make travel anything but difficult for someone like me. I'm glad we went though. It was nice to see my mom and sister and to get away for a few days.

How was your holiday?

1 comment:

  1. Calm, quiet, peaceful and mostly as close to the regular routine as possible; disruptions ... well, they disrupt my flow and made the easy activities harder. Moderation and routine define holidays for me at this point in my life.

    ReplyDelete