Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweet Sweet Potato Pie Season is Back

Sweet potato pie season is back! The weather here really cooled off yesterday and even more today. Right about now is also the time when the color of the sweet potatoes in the stores deepen, indicating sweeter sweet potatoes (or perfect sweet potatoes). I bought a few last week at the store but it was still too warm to put the oven on for a few hours while I bake the potatoes and then the pie.

This morning everything was just right for the first sweet potato pie of the season. The apartment had cooled off to about 68 degrees with the rather chilly overnight air.

And so it has begun - the start of sweet potato pie season - I LOVE SWEET POTATO PIE SEASON!!
Hopefully this year's sweet potato pie season will help me put on some weight.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! Do you deliver? ;)

    Sweet potatoes are safe for me (not a migraine trigger), so I will have to bake one one of these days.

    ReplyDelete