Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What Are Your Thoughts?

I've been thinking about my blog title and online identity of Migrainista. When I started this blog in January of 2010 all I knew for sure was that I had chronic intractable migraines and were not getting any better despite years of trying medications and such. The name fit because I was trying to figure out how to live the best life I could despite my migraines. Today the migraines are still as out of control as ever but I now know that I also have Fibromyalgia and some other issues commonly associated with the two (anxiety, depression, etc).


Today I can't help but wonder if the name just doesn't work any longer. I've tossed around the idea of changing the title of my blog to Fibromygrainista but don't know if that's such a good idea. On the one had I would like the title to more accurately reflect my experiences and my blog content. On the other hand I've spent the past year and nine months building my Migrainista blog.

What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I have thought the same thing about changing my blog title! I haven't because I don't know if I will lose the friends I've made or not???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it depends on how much traffic you get, and how much effort you're willing to put in to rebuild your base. If you have a dedicated reader base and/or are listed on a lot of other bloggers' blogrolls (you're on mine), then you have to be prepared to put in the work it'll take to rebuild. If you don't have a solid base (or you do but you don't mind the extra effort), now's probably the perfect time to reinvent your blog. After all, if it is something you feel you have to do, waiting will likely only mean extra effort in the long run. - Sarah www.themigrainechronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a tough one. To me you ARE Migrainista, but I know you also have Fibro, etc.
    Maybe you could just add to your blog header?
    I know I have been missing blogging at my Lupus blog as I've had some stuff to tell, but just don't know how to approach going back to, or changing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this really isn't something I want to invest much time in. I'm leaning toward just staying Migrainista. Maybe I can add a subtitle line that is more specific that way my name and title remain the same.

    ReplyDelete