Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Small Setback

I will be traveling up to Minnesota on Monday to see my migraine doc and will also be doing this 3 day long fibro class they offer for folks with this new diagnosis. It actually sounds pretty interesting, though I don't entirely know what to expect.

A few weeks back the migraine doc's office called me and had to move my appointment from Tuesday to Friday. I was actually at the hospital with my grandma when I got this call so I made a note and didn't think much of it until recently. Then it occurred to me that he only does botox on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I decided to call and just clarify expectations for the appointment. Of course I didn't get a chance to talk with the actual doc and the people in his office told me what I already know, that he only does botox on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They also said they he wouldn't have room on his schedule until early October to do a botox appointment.

I went through the motions of explaining to them that I had a Tuesday appointment and that his office moved it to Friday, which they could also see in their computer. Unfortunately these folks don't have the power to make changes to a doctor's plan and I really wasn't very surprised. But I had kind of assumed that since this was the plan all along, as long as the insurance company said yes (which they did back in early July) and since they moved the appointment that I would still be able to get what I need.

While a little miffed and thrown by this news that I may have to wait another month and make another drive up to Minnesota, I'm not going to get too excited about it until I have a chance to sit down with the doctor next Friday. Ultimately he has ALL of the power and he can make it happen if he chooses to. Let's just hope that he chooses to be more flexible than the giant Mayo machine is able to be.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a bummer! I hope he has a good reason for changing your appointment. Fingers and toes are crossed for you!

    The 3 day fibro class sounds cool. I hope they can help. My doc suggested massage therapy at a time I couldn't stand to be touched. I hope fibro help has improved in the last few years!

    Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH. I really hope that they are scrambling to try and fix this for you and that you get your botox!

    ReplyDelete