Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Sad Day

Grandma passed away this morning.

The whole day has been weird as the business of death has needed a significant amount of time. My mom and sister will be coming on Wednesday evening and it sounds like most of the rest of the family will be coming on Thursday for the Friday funeral activities.

I'm exhausted, sad and feeling a little overwhelmed.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with the Reumy doc so I've been spending the evening gathering up test results from all the studies that have been done and printing off my med lists, tracking sheets and such. I don't know that I'll be able to pull it together enough to give this appointment the proper focus but I'm sure going to try hard. You know how it can be though...brain fog and all. My standards for a successful appt have been adjusted down and I'll be happy if I can make it out of there with a prescription for my much needed Bachlofen. I'll worry about the rest another time.

10 comments:

  1. My condolences Migrainista, on the loss of your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about grandma. The hard part for her is over. No more suffering.

    Make notes of questions to ask to take to your rheumy, and don't forget to take them out of your purse. His questions may make you forget all about what you wanted to talk to him about in the first place. I hope you have a good appointment. I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies.
    And Della, thanks for the link you sent earlier. When things calm down a bit I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my thoughts are with you during this time of transition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss!

    Good luck at your appt!

    XoXoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry about your grandma

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear this. My condolences to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about your grandma. I'm glad that you were able to be there for her during some difficult times, though. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind words of support! It has meant a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete