Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Relic

Perhaps I have mentioned this before: my grandma used to have really bad migraines. This was back before migraine medications, when even the doctors at Mayo couldn't offer any help. Can you imagine? Now her migraines were never as frequent and out of control as mine have become but we have always shared this affliction along with light sensitivities and such.

A long time ago a priest friend of her and my grandpa gave her a relic for her migraines and she said that it helped. With her passing the family decided to make me the caretaker of the relic. I was honored that my family wanted me to benefit from the healing powers of this relic, though part of me was a little saddened that everyone agreed that out of the entire family I was in the most need, in the worst shape healthwise. My mom said that my grandma gave me the migraines, she thinks it is only right that I get the relic.

Now I'm not Catholic and I don't know what to believe when it comes to the relic. But I do believe in miracles and am certainly hoping that God decides to grant me relief from these migraines. I hope that my grandma is up there pleading my case or looking out for me in some way. She certainly knows the misery of the migraines well and that I've longed for relief from this constant pain for more than 5 years...

2 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that you get The Relic. May the Powers That Be provide some relief and comfort for you. Stranger things have happened. Belief is half of the healing. I'm sure grandma is pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to have a little religion on your side! =)

    I am superstitious when it comes to things like that....I never travel without a St. Christopher medal...one hangs in my car at all times too!

    ReplyDelete