Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Change, Change, Change

I've been in St Louis now since Tuesday afternoon looking for a place for us live. After looking at all of our available options I settled on a place that not only is 200 sq ft larger than the next largest place but is also about $150 less than that same place, plus it has washer/dryer hook ups so I won't have to mess with hauling all our laundry for washing. My husband and I were really excited about the place when we saw it advertised but we were certain it was too good to be true. I thought for sure when I arrived it would have a funny smell, or be in a really crummy neighborhood, or it would be too far from the city, whatever...but it appears to just be a good deal.

I say that with hope that we don't move in and find that there is a big downside. Of course, nothing is perfect I just hope we will be comfortable for the next year or so of our lease.

My body is having a rough time through all of this. Between all the driving and hunching over maps and stress, well, you can imagine the aches and pain that have resulted. Now that we have found a place my mind is very focused on all the details of moving. There are always a ton of small details surrounding the business of a move this big and it is about all I can think about right now.

Today my husband picks up the moving truck and the process of the actual move will be under way. I'm feeling a little guilty about not being there to help with the moving and the long drive. My head and my heart are certainly there with them already but honestly, I'm not that much help when it comes to picking up heavy boxes and such. I try to keep reminding myself that if not for my early arrival here we wouldn't be able to drive the moving truck right to our new apartment and be home right away. And that will feel great!

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with my blogging. Within the next week or two we should have our computer and Internet access all hooked up, running and things will return to normal. Can't wait to get caught up with you, my blogging friends.

5 comments:

  1. I am really missing you. It does feel like you have moved farther away, but I am so happy for you. I'm so glad you were able to find a place so fast! Having a washer and dryer is a huge deal. I can't imagine lugging laundry to a laundromat, so glad you won't have to! I think this move will be good for you, mentally as well as emotionally, which will have an effect on you physically as well. Your stress level will go down, and your happiness will only go up being near your family and friends. I'm excited for you to get settled in and have a reunion with hubby, and your fur baby. Take care, and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend is moving back home from St Louis in a couple weeks...after her twin girls are born next Thursday!

    I've been up there to visit twice. One place I liked was St Charles...I think that's what it was called. It has a brick street with cafes and boutiques??? It was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Wishes with all the moving, (you keep out of it!) I will look forward to see you posting when you are more settled. I hope the fates are kind and you find everything even better and more convenient than you thought! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, big changes. I hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you've already found a place to call 'home.' I hope that everything goes smoothly for you guys. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete