Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back At Mayo

I had my appointment this morning at Mayo. It went well. The plan we developed is something I can get behind unfortunately it isn't over. He said that he is seeing more and more insurance companies authorizing Botox, there seemed to be some trouble determining if it was going to be covered now or not. So I called when I left his office and learned that they will cover it as long as I have prior authorization and meet their medical policy's definition for chronic migraines. I read the policy and it is clear that I meet the definition, now it is just a matter of having the paperwork filled out correctly.

He does Botox twice a week and tomorrow is one of those days. Clearly the authorization can't be done in that time so I'll have to wait. If the authorization comes together in a timely manner I can have it done next week before I leave for St. Louis. Otherwise I'll have to come back in a month or so. My fingers are seriously crossed that I can have it done while I'm still here.

He is also sending me back to physical medicine to talk about the muscle relaxer I am on and the lack of progress I experienced when I had PT. And we tweaked some of the other meds that I'm on.

All in all, it was productive. Things are still up in the air as far as how long I'll need to stick around but it will come together when it comes together.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds nice to have a plan you can get behind. Good luck with the Botox and I hope you get the authorization back before next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to hear that insurance companies are finally starting to approve Botox. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete