Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Place Bites the Dust

After yesterday's new diagnosis of Fibromyalgia I decided to cheer myself up with a trip to my favorite antique mall in Rochester. It is a huge space in the basement of one of the really old buildings downtown and has been a place of comfort for me since I was in high school. Not so big that I can't make it through in a morning or afternoon but big enough that there was always cool stuff to go through and treasures were always found.

I felt like a little time there going to do me some good so you can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it had been closed. There is no way to know how long ago it closed down as my family and friends were not regulars. Sigh.

I guess that's that. Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice antique mall in the St. Louis area once we have moved and settled in. But it still makes me sad that this particular place of comfort and enjoyment from my life is now gone.

1 comment:

  1. What a time of changes you have. I hope you find some nice gentle ones and can keep a little bit of serenity somewhere among it all!

    ReplyDelete