Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Overly Complicated



Just what I need, now I'm having some trouble in my pelvic area. A new pain to add to the list. I don't know what's going on but I've been having little bursts of pain in this area for a couple months but last night it started in about 9pm and was still here this morning. After hours of really bad constant pain it backed up a bit and has since flared and calmed again several times. Is it a GI issue or a reproductive issue? Who knows.


The worst part is that I don't have a doctor to turn to. I don't have a general doc, and neither my neurologist nor my headache guy at Mayo can help here. My GYN has basically thrown up her hands and given up on helping me. Can they even do that?


I went ahead and made an appointment and saw a GI person on Monday. But now things are different than they were just a couple days ago. I'm scheduled for a CT contrast scan on Friday and I've put in a call to the doc. I don't have any idea what to expect in terms of a response. I suppose I should start looking for a new GYN too in case nothing is found.


I HATE THIS!!! I feel like my body is failing me more and more. As my medical situation continues to get more complicated I get more and more overwhelmed. I'm still trying to get a handle on these migraines, and now whatever is going on with my legs, and my endometreosis and, on top of all that, now something is going wrong in my gut. I live in a place where everything is disconnected. Finding a good doc is like finding a needle in a haystack around here and there is no chance of the different disciplines working together. How am I supposed to navigate all of this, especially while in all this pain? No really, how?


Oh how I wish we were back in the midwest and I could just go back and sit down with my Mayo team and really get a comprehensive work up.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you could get a comprehensive work up too. I feel our present system makes us, the patients, responsible for finding good docs because unless you get a personal recommendation from someone you trust, there really isn't any way to find out how competent someone is. And think, we are much younger than people like my Mom who is completely lost when you try to explain why one doctor won't look at what they want to send you to another doctor for.

    Hoping your CT finds your answer. I pull all my radiology reports later and read them myself because I find that docs sometimes don't read them as well as the docs that wrote them. ((Migrainista))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in your shoes dear, if it can hurt, it did. I hope you find out what is going on, and soon. I'm so sorry your pain as spread. Why can't they just make that miracle pill already???

    ReplyDelete