Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Not Again - Good Grief


I've been slowly making my way through some spring cleaning chores over the past couple of weeks. This has included both cleaning projects like the inside of the fridge, and organizing projects like adding a couple shelves to the kitchen to get some stuff off the counters. Seems like there's never enough storage room in a kitchen. While there are still a number of things left to do, today, for the first time in more than 6 months, I'm actually feeling sort of relieved by the amount of organization and cleaning that has already been done.


It is as much of a motivator as it is a relief. The more that gets done the more I want to get done. Now I'm searching for even more stuff that I can pack up and add to the piles of boxes already lingering in the corner.


Now if only my arms didn't ache and my head didn't hurt in response to all these projects. All the bending, scrubbing and chemicals are nothing if not trouble for someone like me. My migraine brain is constantly trying to sabotage me, forgetting things, losing track of my thoughts... Just when I think I've at least grown accustomed to my migraine brain my frustration reemerges and I have to try to work through it yet again. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever really get the hang of living with chronic pain and all the ugliness it brings with it.


Do you find yourself having to go through the process of dealing with some aspects of living with chronic pain again and again?

No comments:

Post a Comment