Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Moving?


My husband and I have been anxiously waiting for a job opportunity to arise in the St. Louis area for him. The midwest is home for both of us and after more than 2 years in the DC area (more than 4 years on the east coast) we are more than ready to go back. Since closing our storage unit this past fall our small 1 bedroom apartment became even smaller. The internal stress the crowded space is creating has been a huge motivating factor for my husband to really focus on the job hunting process whenever he is not working.

There is no way to time such things just right, so we went ahead and signed a lease at our apartment that will end in November of 2011. The goal is to be out of here by then. Yesterday my husband actually had a phone interview for a company in St. Louis. It actually sounds like a great opportunity and he is just perfect for the job. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but they are up...I just couldn't help it. The company is looking to fill this position by the end of February which means if he did get the job we would be moving really soon. Sounds like they will be doing 2nd interviews in person within the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed...

I had braced myself for an unknown amount of time in this apartment, in this crowded, dirty, careless place. Now I'm looking around and getting excited about packing up and finding a small house to rent. I'm looking forward to making an appointment with Dr Garza at Mayo for my Botox trial (since my neuro here won't be offering it again until April-she only does it quarterly). I'm looking forward to more space, friendly people and a social life.

I just can't seem to stop myself from getting excited about the possibility to moving closer to home. I hope I'm not being set up for a big disappointment if he doesn't get this job and we return to a holding pattern. I can hardly wait to find out...

4 comments:

  1. Get your hopes up! Wish for it with all your heart! Say it out loud....I WISH to move to St.Louis! Have you read The Secret? It's a great little book, and I have wished for things, and they miraculously come true. (Except for the lottery, lol) I discovered this wishes come true thing before I even read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo!!! Although we in Missouri have a bit of a weather problem today....

    It is always better to be closer to family and friends! Just a hop skip and a jump to Minnesota from St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!

    One of my best friends lives right outside of St. Louis! I'm hoping to go back for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. St Louis is one of those places that the people who are from there just love it and don't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete