Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Bumpy Start


I had PT again this morning and had the chance to talk with my therapist about putting PT on pause until I can get things under control with my anxiety and muscle tension. It actually went pretty well. She gave me the name of a doc she knows who does neurological biofeedback on folks like me. I was relieved that she was also feeling like I had plateaued but sort of wish she would have said something first. If she was thinking that she should have said something...the cynic in me thinks it is all about money.

Anyway, I'm feeling like a bit of a weight was lifted. These appointments are time and energy consuming, which is okay as long as I am seeing a benefit. I'll have to find this biofeedback guy and see if it is something my insurance will cover and if he thinks I can be helped. If no is the answer to either of these, I'll just wait until my neuro appt in a couple weeks.

Today is the 3rd day of the new month and so far I've had 3 migraines. I got one on Saturday night but decided not to treat it in hopes it would resolve on it's own overnight. No such luck. I woke up feeling pretty bad but was able to get on top of it with my rescue med on Sunday. This morning I woke up feeling like a migraine was on the way and sure enough I've slowly been feeling worse. I'm trying really hard not to treat this one as I can only treat 8 more over the next 28 days (not that I'm counting:). My allotment of 9 rescue meds a month have me behaving like a hoarder with my meds. But even more than that I'm working hard on staying distracted so as not to start worrying about how many migraines I'm going to have this month. I don't know why I get so scared about having a migraine that I can't treat. The month is off to a bumpy start.

Hopefully tonight's episode of the Bachelor will keep me distracted until I can fall asleep tonight.


5 comments:

  1. I'm wishing you days of no pain in the month, and months ahead. I hope you don't need your rescue meds, and you feel better every day. May you eat til your heart's content. (and your tummy, too) I wish you to be well in 2011! I want that sweet potato pie recipe! Sounds YUM! I think about it every time I read your blog now! I love sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understand wanting to be cynical - its my natural mode with healthcare. good luck on biofeedback. My current insurance will not pay for it sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried biofeedback, but I've always been curious about it. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you.

    I'm with you in terms of New Year pain, unfortunately. Three days, three bad pain days. Ugh. I'm hoping the rest of the year goes much, much better. For you, for me, and for all of us out there in cyber-space with the Pain Monster hovering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I'm so nervous about making this call - I just don't want another no. I'll keep you all posted though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is frustrating to have to endure migraine pain because we are only alloted a set amount of rescue or abortive medications in a month. I understand your anxiety about the headaches, I live with that each day as well. Hoping THIS one won't be bad enough to have to use my precious supply of medication. I hope today will be a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete