Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

With Christmas just around the corner I'm soaking up all my favorite holiday flicks. Here are my must watch holiday favorites.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas: I love this holiday classic so long as it is the book or this short animated version. As much as I would love to have this in my DVD collection I won't pay $24.99 for less than 30 minutes of show. Instead I make sure to catch it on network TV, commercials and all.


A Charlie Brown Christmas is the only other animated classic I take in each year. Luckily I got this one for Christmas one year so I can watch it at my leisure.


A Christmas Story: This movie is good clean fun. I used to have it on VHS but it was destroyed long ago. TBS usually will runs it back to back for 24 hours on Christmas day but since we don't have cable I'll have to order it from Netflix.

The original Home Alone is another great holiday flick. I don't know that it can be classified as a classic but I sure enjoy watching it around this time.
Jingle All The Way: Now I'll go ahead and admit that this is not a great movie but for some reason I like it. Well I like the first hour or so of it. I like it for two reasons. First it was filmed in Minneapolis an area I'm very familiar with. Second, Phil Hartman's character is fabulous. He doesn't have a big part but he is seen throughout it.

The Red Shoes is an old movie but I don't know that it would be considered a classic. It certainly isn't a Christmas movie but it is something that I saw several years in a row on Christmas day when I was very young so it feels like a holiday to movie to me. It is sort of weird and a little dark - maybe this is why I like weird and dark movies. Moulin Rouge: Okay this one isn't a Christmas movie either but it is my absolute favorite movie ever made. I limit myself to only viewing it once a year so I don't grow tired of it and I choose to watch it around Christmas or the New Year because that is when I first got it on DVD.

Gosh, that's a lot of viewing. I better get started here.

How about you? What movies do you like to watch this time of year?

2 comments:

  1. I always watch Miracle on 34th street.

    We have Polar Express and Spongebob Christmas for the younger crowd. I also like ELF with Will Farrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two movies we seem to watch every year are...

    "Elf"

    and

    "The National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

    Both are a must!

    I am also ADDICTED to the Hallmark channel this time of year. Also all the corny movies on Lifetime...which in December they call..."Falalala Lifetime."

    I am a Christmas junkie!

    ReplyDelete