Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Best Laid Plans


Well I had hoped to leave Rochester tomorrow morning but the snow has been falling since last night and the wind is picking up more and more as the afternoon wears on. Sounds like it will continue for the rest of the day and into the night. Bummer. I was counting on the early week estimate of 1 to 2 inches tops to pan out - the best laid plans.


Fortunately this extra time will allow me to reschedule my lunch date with a friend today for tomorrow night. It is so darn hard to be so far away from all the people I love here in Rochester so much of the year and between being crazy busy taking care of things with my mom and her dogs and not feeling good at all I just haven't been able to see even 1/2 the people I wanted to. Such is life.


I'm very thankful that I was able to make so much progress at Mayo while I was here and I am very anxious to get back home to my husband and my dog. I've missed them terribly. There is just the small matter of the thousand mile journey back home. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have a little more time to visit friends and your mom is doing better!

    Hoping for fair weather on your way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe whenever you're able to get started. I'm glad the Mayo visit has been such a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom is doing much better. Thanks for asking. She'll still need some help for a while but my sister lives in town so she'll be able to help out.

    Diana - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete