Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Angry Over Insurance


I woke up in fairly good spirits and without much pain this morning and started getting ready for PT. My decision to open the mail with my spare 10 minutes was the wrong one. The correspondence from my husband's insurance company quickly had me tense with stress and anger. By the time I made my way through the traffic between here and PT a migraine was already taking hold.


My husband had gone to the dermatologist earlier in the month and paid his $50 co-pay before seeing the doctor. It was a simple office visit and that should have been the end of it. The doctor's office billed the insurance company $60 for the simple visit. The insurance company then decided not to pay the bill but to give us a $20 discount for associating with them and then notified us that we will be responsible for the remaining $40. So the doctor's bill was $60 and with his insurance we are supposed to pay $90. Ummm, NOOOOO!!!


First of all, the office visit is only supposed to cost us the co-pay. Second of all, even if there was more to it (which there wasn't!), we already met the deductible, the physician is in our network and so the insurance company should have paid the majority of it. Instead we are supposed to pay $90 for a $60 bill and the insurance company pays nothing? Ummmm, NOOOO!!!!


Come on bureaucrats, let's think this one through. What's wrong with this picture?


The last thing I want to do is deal with this kind of crap. If the insurance company won't be reasonable hopefully we can just work with the doctor. After all he just wants his $60. I refuse to pay more than what the bill was for and I curse the insurance company who would allow this to happen!

2 comments:

  1. You would think with all the computers insurance companies have that simple addition and subtraction would not be a problem!

    Evil Anthem processed my implant surgery (they wouldn't pay for the implant but would pay for the surgery) as a DENTAL claim and of course it didn't pay because you don't get DENTAL implants in your butt! When I called them on it, they said Cleveland Clinic would need to submit a new claim - I told em Nu-uh - you messed it up one time, you'll mess it up again - YOU fix it now. And bless their stoney money grubbing hearts they did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so ridiculous! I think they do over billing to see if you are paying attention. If you don't notice, they get more money! I hope you get this sorted out in your favor. Good luck with your insurance company.

    ReplyDelete