Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sick of Summer


I'm so sick of summer!!! This summer has been miserably hot and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. The older I get the less tolerant I am of extreme temperatures. I do like the change of seasons (partly for the variety and partly for the change in wardrobe) and am glad that at least I live in a part of the country that has seasons of equal length instead of the crazy long winters of Minnesota that I grew up with.


If I were to design a perfect weather calendar I would have January 1st be the start of spring, which would last until July 1st, at which time summer would hit. Don't worry, it'll be over before you know it. Come August 1st fall weather would get started and last until the day after Thanksgiving. Then we would all enjoy what winter has to offer until the end of December. Just enough time to make Christmas festive and no more.


Honestly I'm not sure if I've become so intolerant of extreme weather because I'm just changing as I age or because of my migraines. Really cold weather causes my muscles to tense, which is an obvious problem for my head as well as my neck/arm/hand spasms. Really hot weather seems to cause my head to dialate - a pulsing will immediately result from high heat and humidity, ultimately resulting in a migraine.


What about you? How would you design the weather throughout the year if you could? Has your chronic pain been a factor in the weather you prefer?

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally over summer, too. Luckily we're having a day in the low 70s. Totally unexpected but awesome.

    My perfect year would have two seasons: spring and fall. And maybe I'd throw in a couple weeks of winter. I do enjoy the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring, summer, and fall. Winter should be eliminated. Winter is when I have the most pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me I think the extremes of weather are just ANOTHER stressor that my body does not need, I'm already knee deep in migraines and pain I don't need sweat or shivering to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather sucks when it comes to our heads!!! I cannot stand extreme temps...whether it be hot or cold. Luckily I live in Florida, so the cold is not too much of an issue...but the heat definately is. Another MAJOR issue for me is the rain and storms, which we get alot. The past 3 days it has been torrential downpours and overcast...so my pain free days didn't last long. =(

    ReplyDelete