Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Guilty Pleasure


I'm so hooked on The Young And The Restless. I started watching it my first year of college because my roommate had to watch and I was almost always around at the same time. It was on, the room was small, and after a few months I was hooked too. Jill, my roommate, would explain the character histories and relationships until I had a good understanding. Thirteen years later...

I see how silly it is - the stories are often far fetched and the characters are so dramatic. But at the same time, I enjoy escaping into the fictional lives of the residents of Genoa City. And because I've been watching for 13 years there is a sense of history with these characters - they have become very familiar. It is my guilty pleasure.

Does anyone out there watch Y&R too? Who do you think killed Adam?

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch Y&R so I can't guess about Adam. But I must say that love to watch those goofy MTV shows like sweet 16, the hills, etc. I am old enough to be their Mother!!! After all I do remember when MTV actually began! However I am missing them here in Korea and can no longer watch them online, BUMMER!!! So now, it's become Mall World game on FB! Sad I know!

    ReplyDelete