Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh Leafy Greens


Just look at them. They are so delicate. I don't even know what to do with them. Sure you can put some lettuce or spinach in a salad or on a sandwich, but they are mostly for color, or crunch. After all their composition seems to be largely water. Or so it seems.

Even though I now know and believe they have actual health properties I still don't know what to do with them. Oh sure, I can steam some broccoli or green beans, but then again they are not really leafy greens. Salads are an obvious choice, but I don't like salads without really tasty, unhealthy dressings.

Oh leafy greens how I admire you and how you intimidate me. Perhaps you can come to dinner and we can work it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found you on chronic babe. Hello, fellow migraineur. It's nice to meet you. :)

    As for leafy greens: green smoothies. Sounds gross, yes, but made right, it can taste great and it's so good for you and EASY.

    And I make my salads with bell peppers, avocadoes, almonds, hard-boiled eggs, cranberries and anything else I can throw in there for variety and tastiness. Get creative!

    My word verification is feast. How awesomely appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I'm so happy to meet you! Drinking the greens sounds like a great idea. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete