Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hateful Taxes

Every year it's the same thing with taxes. We start with piles of documents, full glasses of water, comfortable chairs and several free hours. We then end up frustrated, confused, angry and missing some small pieces of information that will ensure another block of time is needed for completion. Perhaps the process is so hateful because some tax laws just are not equitable and the process doesn't always take a realistic look at what is presently happening to middle class families. Whatever the reasons I can't help but feel a little guilty about my medical needs and the impact this has on our finances.

In my head, of course, I know it's not my fault and blah, blah, blah. I don't really understand why facts don't seem to inform my emotions (I wish they did). Certainly, dealing with chronic pain certainly is stressful enough without adding the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment